Saturday, April 15, 2017

Smalls Saturday:How to Hand Sew an Invisible Stitch (Tutorial)

I was recently asked by the shop owner at one of my consignment shops if I could make some outdoor pillows.  So I bought some really pretty outdoor fabric and made up about a dozen pillows.

Unfortunately, I did not have time to do any tutorials or pictures, but I thought I would share with you a new stitch I learned.  In the past when I made pillows, I would either close them with a machine stitch or hand-stitch, but the seam was always visible.  Neat, but visible, no doubt.  I didn't know any other way!

Well, I finally bothered to learn how to close pillow cases (or stuffed animals, for that matter) with an invisible seam.  It's called a blind-ladder stitch, and I found it pretty easy.  So I'm posting a YouTube video here so you can learn how, as well.

Give it a try, your projects will look so professional!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...